Throughout the boss fight, they execute various dance moves. When their health is lowered enough, they switch from one dance move to the next. This fight has four different dance moves, or "phases", that the player must dodge in order to kill Mr. D.A.N.C.E.
- Dance: Mr. D.A.N.C.E. moves its arms and legs around. This attack is synced with the beat of the music, and happens throughout all phases except phase 2.
- Slide: Mr. D.A.N.C.E. moves towards Shelly.
- Jump: Mr. D.A.N.C.E. jumps into the air. He will still perform his dance attack mid-air.
After approximately 25% of his health is lost, his attacks change and he enters phase 2. He will no longer perform his Dance, Slide, and Jump attacks in this phase.
- Killercopter: Mr. D.A.N.C.E. floats in the air and his limbs spin similar to that of a helicopter's.
After approximately 50% of his health is lost, his attacks change and he enters phase 3. He will now be able to perform his Dance attack again.
- Blast: Mr. D.A.N.C.E. fires several square projectiles in multiple directions.
- Slide: Instead of moving towards Shelly, Mr. D.A.N.C.E. may move to either the center, left, or right of the arena.
After approximately 75% of his health is lost, his attacks change for a final time as he enters phase 4. All attacks from phase 3 remain the same except for his Blast attack.
- Blast: These square projectiles are now generally aimed at Shelly. Some of these may home in on Shelly's location.
For the first dance, use the upwards shooter. Whenever Mr. D.A.N.C.E. jumps, go under them and shoot them as much as possible before they reach the ground. For the second dance, lure Mr. D.A.N.C.E to the platforms, then jump over them and shoot the bottom of them. For the third dance, switch to the horizontal shooter. Stay on the horizontal shooter platform, and you'll be able to easily shoot Mr. D.A.N.C.E.. For the final dance, assuming you're still on the horizontal shooter platform, Mr. D.A.N.C.E. will now be far away from you due to their position in the previous phase. You can lower a good chunk of their health by continuing to shoot them on this platform. If they are close to you and still alive, you should probably move away from them to a safer area.